Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"What are you staring at me for? Have you never heard a cat speak?"


And when Kohl-in-one-eye (K-o-e) spoke, I was taken aback. But then things were going crazily out-of control and beyond my wildest imaginations...so, I guessed it must be the normal way of things.

"Well, I am an elf now, as you can see...and I just discovered I can fly. Did you see the Leprechaun around?"

"Oh yeah...he was shuffling down to the magical pool for the party. Aren't you going?"

"What magical pool, what party?"

"You see, tonight happens to be Lamta-gi Thangja. As you know, all faeries have a party all night, right from sunset till dawn. One of the hot-spots hereabouts for this year's party is the Maibam pond, right behind yonder wood. That, my dear, is the magical pond you should be going to...if you want to catch up with the faerie-folk, and if you want to be part of the "in" crowd."

Did I see K-o-e wink? Was it the light? I can never be sure. I was getting tired, and lonely. I wanted to know what the faeries do on Lamta-gi-Thangja nights...I wanted to know how to get back to being a human, or at least know how to be a true-blue elf...sigh...I knew it was going to be a long night ahead.

1 comment:

Sana's said...

lady, i am so enthralled, May is far away but this is a modern midsummer night's dream!